Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 2 - Finals Day

Most people when they have reconstructive surgery, they schedule it in such a way as to allow them to take at a minimum a week off from work to allow time to rest and recuperate.  I, however, am not that smart.  I schedule it two days before my two biggest grad school finals. 

I remember well from my wife's two knee surgeruies that the second day after surgery was the worst, so you knw I was looking foraard to today.  It wasn't too bad, but my knee is feeling it this evening!!

I took the dressings off last night to take a shower, which was an adventure.  But I made it through unscathed.  I was really surprised when I took off the dressing, I have three small holes and two small incisions in my knee...and no stitches!!  It was bleeding quite a bit, but not too bad overall.  There was almost no swelling last night before my shower, I could see almost my whole kneecap.  Tonight it was a lot more swollen.  I think part of that is being up and around a lot more today, and part is just due to a little more time passing.  My pain is still not terrible, mostly like a bad bruise.  When my knee is moved too quickly, like when my son's friend ran into my foot hanging off the recliner, it smarts!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of my knee unwrapped.
My knee a little more than 24 hours after surgery.  It's not very swollen, you can see kneecap.  You can see the incisions with NO STITCHES!!!

My knee tonight.  Much more swollen.

One more exam tomorrow morning and I can relax for most of the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment