Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sitting and swelling, sitting and swelling...

...lather, rinse, repeat.

That is the extent of what I have been doing the past couple of days.  I have spent a lot of time in bed, icing a lot and using my CPM machine.  I did get out of the house for a little while for our weekly couple's game night.  It's good to know that pain medication has not affected my trivia knowledge.

I am up to 60 degrees of flexion in the CPM machine and I have gotten it to 0 degrees of extension which is straight.  Straight is the goal in the early going, I am told it saves a lot of problems later.  I am doing what rehab exercises I can, namely straigh leg raises and ankle pumps.  I have not tried bending it on my own, I'm not sure if I am suposed to with the meniscus repair.  The one time I tried I heard a weird squelching sound, so I stopped.  I see Dr. Gerbino on Wednesday, when I hope to get set up with physical therapy.  I will be doing physical therapy with my wife.  She is still recovering from her two knee surgeries last year.  It shold be humbling because she is working on high impact stuff while I will be doing very basic moves for a while.

I am still not weight bearing, staying in the brace loked at 0 degrees.  I have experimented with a little weight on my knee, it's just doesn't quite feel ready to me yet.  I'mhoping to be able to be able to bear some weight by the time I see the doctor on Wednesday.

Here is a picture of the increased swelling as compared to my good knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment